OpenVPN for iOS
Install OpenVPN Connect
- On your mobile device, access the App Store and find the OpenVPN Connect application.
- In the details popup, click Get and then Install. Enter your Apple ID and password if you are prompted to.
- Click Open once the downloading has been completed.
Obtain the Configuration Files
On your computer, go to the Configuration Generator https://proxy.sh/config and obtain the
.ovpn files for each server you'd like to connect to.
If you have downloaded a ZIP achieve, extract the files.
Go to Apps in iTunes
- Connect your iPad to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Navigate to the iPad screen.
- Select the Apps menu.
Drop Configurations to iTunes
- Scroll down to the list of apps under File Sharing and select OpenVPN.
- Click on the Add File… button to load the server configurations.
- Select the files you downloaded previously. They will be listed in the “OpenVPN Documents” area.
Add Configurations to iPad
Lets come back to the OpenVPN application on the connected iPad. The server configurations are available for import.
Tap the Plus icon for each server profile.
How to Connect?
- Choose a VPN server to connect to and enter your VPN username and password. Notice: The password is case sensitive.
- Click on the Save slider if you wish to save your credentials.
- Click on the Connection slider to initiate the connection.
You Are Connected
When you're protected, there is a VPN indicator in the upper left corner of the status bar.
In the OpenVPN interface, the status turns to “Connected”, and the green check mark is displayed.
That's it, you are now secure!
Cannot find your OS or setup? Check more tutorials