Configure your OpenVPN client to connect Proxy.sh over TOR network
This will also allow you to connect to TOR and non-TOR websites, as well as to connect non-TOR applications to the TOR network. Indeed, access of the TOR network from any application will become transparent once you connect to our OpenVPN network over TOR.
Most importantly, connecting to our OpenVPN network over TOR will allow you to avoid any traffic discrimination from TOR exit nodes you may use, as packets will be encrypted when they pass through them.
Finally, this provides you a major security layer in the event you pass through a compromised or malicious TOR exit node.
Connecting to our OpenVPN network over TOR is very simple.
1. Download TOR bundle and start it.
2. Download an OpenVPN client and install it.
3. Download the .ovpn configuration files from the client panel, unzip and copy the configuration files corresponding to the TCP protocol.
4. Paste the .ovpn file in the configuration directory of your OpenVPN client.
5. Edit the .ovpn file and add the following line:
socks-proxy 127.0.0.1 9150
(NB: If you are using an older version of TOR, please input "socks-proxy 127.0.0.1 9050" as TOR used to employ port 9050)
6. Save your .ovpn file. Connect to TOR, then connect to the OpenVPN network using the modified configuration file.
You should now be connected to our OpenVPN network over TOR. enjoy!
Related Knowledgebase Articles