OpenVPN for DD-WRT
OpenVPN can be easily set up in DD-WRT using the guidelines detailed out below.
1) Access the Administration area and then go to Commands and finally Startup.
2) Enter the following:
echo 'your username' > /tmp/password.txt
echo 'your password' >> /tmp/password.txt
/usr/sbin/openvpn --config /tmp/openvpncl/openvpn.conf --route-up /tmp/openvpncl/route-up.sh --down-pre /tmp/openvpncl/route-down.sh --daemon
Then save this startup.
3) Access the VPN tab found under the Services section.
4) Enable the OpenVPN Client.
5) Set the Server IP/name to the proxy.sh OpenVPN IP shown in your welcome email or in your panel's product details. (You can also use the configuration generator to find out your desired IP or hostname)
6) Set the Port to 1194. (You can also use the configuration generator to find out your desired port)
7) Set the Tunnel Device to TUN.
8) Set the Tunnel Protocol to UDP. (The protocol will depend of the port you have chosen, it may be TCP or UDP)
9) Set the Encryption Cipher to AES-256 CBC aka AES-256-CBC aka BF-CBC.
10) Set the Hash Algorithm to SH512.
11) Set the nsCertType to unchecked.
12) Set the Advanced Options to Enabled.
13) Set Use LZO Compression to Enable.
14) Set NAT to Enable.
15) In the Additional Config enter the following:
16) Copy and paste the contents of proxysh.crt found in our OpenVPN Config Files (or you can use our configuration files generator), into the CA cert field.
17) Confirm everything and reboot the router. You're done. Enjoy!
NB: If you encounter difficulties to connect with OpenVPN, please try to connect to other servers or try alternative ports, especially more "discreet" ones such as TCP 443 or TCP 80. Please also make sure that the port you are connecting through is fully opened in your firewall/router/network. Below, you will find an aggregate of useful guides and articles that will help you troubleshoot your problems, should you have any.
I cannot find the .ovpn and .crt files necessary for OpenVPN. Where are they?
No matter how hard I try, I cannot succesfully connect to OpenVPN.
I can't access any website through my browser while connected to VPN.
I am connected to the VPN but my IP is not yet hidden. Help!
I am having some kind of other problem. Where can I find some help?
How can I find the local log files of my VPN client?
If you still cannot connect successfully, please open a support ticket and include either a copy of your logs or a screenshot of your configuration and encountered errors. Logs can usually be found in software menus or settings, as well as their directories of installation (.log or .txt files). If you do not include a log or a screenshot, it will be hard for us to help you resolve the issues you have with connecting to our network.