PPTP (VPN) for DD-WRT
If you would like to set up an access to the proxy.sh PPTP tunnels from DD-WRT, please follow this procedure.
1) In DD-WRT, access the VPN tab found under the Services section.
2) Enable the PPTP Client.
3) Set the Server IP or DNS Name to the proxy.sh PPTP IP given in your welcome email or in your panel's product details.
4) Set the MPPE Encryption to mppe required, no40, no56, stateless.
5) Enable NAT.
6) Enter your VPN User name and Password.
7) If these steps do not work, please setup PPTP in the WAN section instead.
8) Confirm everything you have tweaked so far and connect. That's it. Enjoy!
NB: If you encounter difficulties to connect with PPTP, please try to switch to OpenVPN. OpenVPN is more reliable, more secure and more flexible. OpenVPN also allows you to try various ports, including 'discreet' ones such as TCP 443. Below, you will find an aggregate of useful guides and articles that will help you troubleshoot your problems, should you have any.
Guide for setting up OpenVPN with default client on DD-WRT.
I cannot find the .ovpn and .crt files necessary for OpenVPN. Where are they?
No matter how hard I try, I cannot succesfully connect to OpenVPN.
I can't access any website through my browser while connected to VPN.
I am connected to the VPN but my IP is not yet hidden. Help!
I am having some kind of other problem. Where can I find some help?
How can I find the local log files of my VPN client?
If you still cannot connect successfully, please open a support ticket and include either a copy of your logs or a screenshot of your configuration and encountered errors. Logs can usually be found in software menus or settings, as well as their directories of installation (.log or .txt files). If you do not include a log or a screenshot, it will be hard for us to help you resolve the issues you have with connecting to our network.
Related Knowledgebase Articles
OpenVPN for Xbox 360 & Other Consoles (Views: 4721)
PPTP (VPN) for Cisco Linksys (Views: 1802)
OpenVPN for Raspberry Pi (Views: 4350)
OpenVPN for DD-WRT (Views: 5681)